For coffee lovers, coffee is that magical brown brew that gives you a boost in the morning, offers you a pick-me-up throughout the day, or is the drumroll that ends a meal.
Coffee roasts range from a light brown to an extra dark, almost black color, depending on the roast levels.
- Robusta and Arabica are two types of coffee plants. Robusta beans have twice as much caffeine as Arabica beans, but the latter is of superior quality.
- Light roasts have more caffeine than dark roasts.
- An espresso has a third of the caffeine content found in a regular cup of coffee.
- In Continental Europe, it was tradition to drink cappuccino only during breakfast, and espresso after dinner. Italians would consider it strange if you order cappuccino after 11 am.
- Black coffee contains no calories. On a diet? Skip the sugar, cream and other additives!
- Dark-roasted coffee is stomach-friendly.