DIYers, here are 10 fundamental painting hacks that you can use for your DIY paint projects. Kriz goes through them one by one.
- Line your paint tray for easy clean-up and so that you can re-use the paint tray for your next project.
- Trim your paint roller to minimize paint splatters.
- For water-based paint, put a rubber band around an open can of paint so you can scrape off excess paint from your roller or brush. Important: this will not work with oil-based paint because the rubber may react with the paint.
- To clean your wall faster, use a sweeper.
- Use a blow dryer to easily remove masking or painters tape.
- Cardboard from used boxes protects floors best.
- Save paint by scraping your rollers or brushes.
- Apply petroleum jelly for areas you don’t want painted. You can also remove hardware or cover them with painters tape.
- For cans with unused paint, put a plastic wrap on the top before covering the can with its lid.
- Use the “M” pattern when painting the wall to spread the paint more evenly.
Tips for the DIY Painter
Boysen has written so many paint tips in this blog. Surface preparation, which is the basis of your paint system, is crucial so make sure you do this right. You can read about how to prepare different surfaces here.
Different surfaces require different paint systems. For example, you need enamel paint for wood; you can use water-based paint for concrete. For the different Boysen products, you can find their highlights and painting tips here.
Now if you want to continue with your DIY painting projects, it will also be good to read about how you can paint the different surfaces in your living space, from walls to ceilings. You’ll find those tutorials here.
If you want to solve common painting problems like fading or chalking, then you can scan the blog posts here.
There you go! So much to learn but we’ve made all these info available to our customers because we want to make sure that you get the best finish for your home.
To make everything more visual for those who prefer videos, you can look at all these videos available for your DIY projects.
You can also subscribe to the Let it B (MyBoysen) YouTube channel. That way you will always be kept abreast of any new original DIY videos that we make and upload.
Now if you want to binge, you can always subscribe and watch the tutorials for free at the Boysen online video platform Studio B. There’s more to watch there, like Pinoy and foreign films, Pinoy artists playing their original music, or sports. By the way, the Studio B app is also available for free download:
But if you are the type to want a conversation with an expert, you can always get further assistance for your DIY projects from our Technical Service Department. You can reach us at (02) 363-9738 local 416 to 418. You may also text us at 0918-913-6000. Office hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Saturday.
Good luck with your DIY paint projects!